Difference between revisions of "Microsoft KB Archive/37973"
m (Text replacement - "&" to "&")
m (X010 moved page Microsoft KB Archive/Q37973 to Microsoft KB Archive/37973 without leaving a redirect: Text replacement - "Microsoft KB Archive/Q" to "Microsoft KB Archive/")
Latest revision as of 19:21, 12 August 2020
Manually Feeding Legal-Sized Paper on HP LaserJets
PSS ID Number: Q37973 Article last modified on 11-02-1994
2.x 3.00 3.10 3.11 4.00 5.00 5.50 6.00
In Word version 5.50, to print in portrait or landscape mode on legal-sized paper with a Hewlett-Packard (HP) LaserJet, LaserJet Plus, or LaserJet 500 Plus printer using manual feed, set the proper page size in the Format Margins dialog box, and from the File menu, choose Printer Setup and select Manual in the “Paper Feed:” text box.
In Word version 5.00, set the proper page size with the Format Division Margins command and select Manual in the Print Options “feed:” field.
In Word versions 2.x, 3.x, and 4.00, you must embed the escape sequence for legal-sized paper in the text at the beginning of the document. Microsoft does not recommend modifying the printer driver in this situation.
The escape sequence necessary is ESC&l84p2h2E (the character following the “&” is a lowercase “L”). To embed this code in the text of the document, do the following:
- Open a blank line at the top of the document.
- Enter ALT+27&l84p2h2E (ALT+27 is achieved by holding down the ALT key while typing 27 on the numeric keypad). A left arrow symbol will appear on the screen if done properly.
- Turn the printer off.
- Remove the paper tray.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Set the printer to manual feed by using the front panel selector switch.
- If you are printing in portrait mode, set Format Division Margins “page length:” to 14 inches in Word version 4.00 and 13.3 inches in all earlier versions. If you are printing in landscape mode, set the “page length:” field to 8.5 inches.
- Place the paper in the paper tray opening so that it rests against the paper stops.
- Choose Print Printer.
KBCategory: kbprint KBSubcategory: Additional reference words: ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1994.