Microsoft KB Archive/303926
Article ID: 303926
Article Last Modified on 5/7/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q303926
For a Microsoft Outlook 98 (CW) version of this article, see 188509.
For a Microsoft Outlook 97 version of this article, see 188502.
NOTE: The procedures in this article only apply if you have installed Outlook with the Corporate or Workgroup option. With this option, you can use Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) services. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu. If you have the Corporate or Workgroup installation, you see "Corporate or Workgroup".
When you click a Contacts folder in the Show Names from list in the Outlook Address Book, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if the Outlook Address Book service is missing or damaged.
To resolve this behavior, remove and then add the Outlook Address Book service, and set each Contacts folder to show as an e-mail Address Book:
- On the Tools menu, click Services.
- On the Services tab, click Outlook Address Book, and then click Remove. Click Yes to remove this information service from the profile.
If Outlook Address Book does not appear in the Services list, proceed to the next step.
- Click Add, click Outlook Address Book, and then click OK.
- Click OK, and then click OK again to close the Services dialog box.
- For each Contacts folder in the Folder list:
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book check box, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit and Log Off.
- Restart Outlook.
If Outlook Address Book is not available to be added as a service, refer to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
195498 Outlook Address Book service is not available
Additional query words: OL2K ErrMsg Err Msg
Keywords: kbservice kbaddressbook kberrmsg kbprb KB303926