Microsoft KB Archive/274799
Article ID: 274799
Article Last Modified on 9/13/2006
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server OLAP Services
This article was previously published under Q274799
This article describes how to obtain Service Pack 3 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and the Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
274797 SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 3 fixlist
To determine which Service Pack level your SQL Server is currently running, run the following statement in a SQL Server Query Analyzer window:
The result of this query is:
7.00.623 if SQL Server 7.0 with no service pack applied 7.00.699 if SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 1 7.00.842 if SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 2 7.00.961 if SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 3
NOTE: This service pack is for use only by holders of a current valid Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0 license. This service pack addresses some specific problems that were discovered in SQL Server version 7.0 after it shipped.
Service Pack 3 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0 is available for Intel (x86) and Alpha-based computers.
How to Download Service Pack 3
To download Service Pack 3 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0, perform these steps:
- Connect to the Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 3 download page at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1905
- Click the title of the download you want. To facilitate downloading, the service pack has been broken into two parts. These two parts are the Database Components SP3 and the OLAP Services Components SP3.
NOTE: If you are looking for a localized version of the service pack, be sure to use the Select Language drop-down list box to select the appropriate language.
- Select Save This Program to Disk to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
- Run the self-extracting executable file to expand the service pack into its component files and then run the setup program.
If you need more information or assistance regarding this service pack, please contact your primary support provider.
Didn't see an answer to your question? Visit the Microsoft SQL Server Newsgroups at: Microsoft SQL Server Newsgroups
Comments about this or other Microsoft SQL Server Knowledge Base articles? Drop us a note at SQLKB@Microsoft.com
Additional query words: serv pack servpack sp sp3
Keywords: kbinfo atdownload KB274799