Microsoft KB Archive/257375
Article ID: 257375
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q257375
For a Microsoft FrontPage 98 version of this article, see 184866.
This article describes how to create a centered, non-tiled watermark that remains fixed (does not scroll) behind any scrolling foreground information. This procedure uses cascading style sheets technology for Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and later.
To insert a fixed watermark on your page, follow these steps:
- In Page view, open the page on which you want to add a watermark.
- Right-click the open page, and click Page Properties on the menu that appears.
- Click the General tab. Click Style.
- Click Format and then click Border. In the Borders and Shading dialog box, follow these steps:
- Click the Shading tab. Click Browse.
- Select the image that you want as the watermark, and then click Open.
- In the Vertical Position list, click center.
- In the Horizontal Position list, click center.
- In the Repeat list, click no-repeat.
- In the Attachment list, click fixed.
- Click OK.
- Click OK two more times.
- Save and close the page.
- To preview how your page will look, click Preview in Browser on the File menu.
NOTE: You can also create a watermark by selecting the Watermark check box on the Background tab in the Page Properties dialog box (on the File menu, click Properties). However, when you do this, the image is tiled behind your foreground information.
Additional query words: front page watermark style background
Keywords: kbhowto KB257375