Microsoft KB Archive/256184
Article ID: 256184
Article Last Modified on 2/26/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q256184
The ForestPrep procedure may fail with the following error message:
The cause of this error may be that the MaxReceiveBuffer attribute is set below that of the default in Microsoft Windows 2000.
You can determine if this is the case by doing the following:
- At a command prompt type the following command:
- At ntdsutil, type ldap policies.
- At Ldap Policies, type connections.
- At Server Connections, type connect to server
- At Server Connections, type quit.
- At Ldap Policies, type show values.
- Make sure that MaxReceiveBuffer is set to 10485760. If not, proceed with steps 8 through 11.
- At Ldap Policies, type set maxreceivebuffer to 10485760.
- At Ldap Policies, type commit changes.
- At Ldap Policies, type quit.
- At ntdsutil, type quit.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Additional query words: exch2kp2w
Keywords: kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB256184