Microsoft KB Archive/255911
Article ID: 255911
Article Last Modified on 2/23/2007
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255911
Adding Web projects to Visual SourceSafe when it is installed on a Novell server is basically the same as when Visual SourceSafe is installed on any other remote server. The key to getting the integration to work is to make sure that the permissions are correct.
The steps you use to integrate Visual SourceSafe on Novell are the same as those you use when Visual SourceSafe is on a Microsoft Windows NT-based computer but not on the Web server are as follows:
- Install the Visual SourceSafe client on the Web server by running the netsetup.exe file from the Novell SourceSafe directory. This registers the ssapi.dll file that is needed for the integration and also points to the correct database.
- Turn off Allow Anonymous for the Web project by opening Internet Services Manager, right-clicking on the Web project, and then selecting Properties.
- On the Directory Security tab, click Edit for Authentication control, and then deselect the Allow Anonymous choice.
- Ensure that the user who is opening the Web site is a user in Visual SourceSafe, can access the Novell server, and has permissions to the Visual SourceSafe database directory.
NOTE: The FrontPage Server Extensions need the username that is editing the Web site to try to add to Visual SourceSafe so that the account can find the Novell server. Do this as follows:
- Open the project and, on the Project menu, point to Source Control, and then click on Add to Source Control.
For additional information, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171116 HOWTO: Enable VSS Integration with FrontPage and Visual InterDev
241963 INFO: SourceSafe Integration Changes with 2000 Server Extensions
Additional query words: netsetup ssapi
Keywords: kbinfo KB255911