Microsoft KB Archive/255250
Article ID: 255250
Article Last Modified on 4/22/2001
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q255250
When you browse a Web page that was created with Visual InterDev and uses Design-Time controls, you may receive the following error message:
This error occurs because the script library include path in the Active Server Pages (ASP) page is not valid. This happens when you move a file inside of Visual InterDev to another location in the project or when you add files to the project that contain the invalid paths to the script library.
In the Visual InterDev source editor, you cannot modify the gray script block that has the invalid include path. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps to reset the path:
- Right-click in Visual InterDev source view, and then click Properties.
NOTE: Do not right-click on a design-time control.
- Clear Enable scripting object model on the General tab, and then click Apply.
- Select Enable scripting object model, and then click Apply.
You may continue to receive the include file error message depending on which design-time controls you added to the ASP page. If you continue to receive the error message, the line number that contains the error message is not part of the gray script block at the top of your ASP page. Because the code is not part of the script block, manually modify the path using the following steps:
- From the View menu, select View Controls As Text.
Press Ctrl + G to view the Go To Line dialog box. Type the line number where the error is occurring, and then click OK. The line will look like the following example code:
where DTCObject is the type of object on your page.
- Modify the path to the script library to match the path in the gray script block at the top of the ASP page.
- From the View menu, select View Controls Graphically.
- Save the file.
- Repeat these steps for any additional script library include paths.
Keywords: kbprb kbctrl KB255250