Microsoft KB Archive/254561
Article ID: 254561
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server OLAP Services
This article was previously published under Q254561
This article describes how to obtain Service Pack 2 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and the Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0. To see a complete list of bugs that are fixed by this update, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To determine which Service Pack level your SQL Server is currently running, execute the following statement from a Query Analyzer window:
The result of this query is 7.00.623, if you are running SQL Server 7.0 with no service pack applied, 7.00.699 for SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 1, and 7.00.842 for SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 2.
NOTE: This service pack is for use only by holders of a current valid Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0 license. This service pack addresses some specific problems that were discovered in SQL Server version 7.0 after it shipped. Microsoft recommends that all Microsoft SQL Server version 7.0 users apply this service pack.
Service Pack 2 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0 is available for Intel (x86) and Alpha-based computers.
Instructions for Downloading
To download Service Pack 2 for Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) 1.0, do the following:
- Connect to the Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 2 download page at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/sp2.asp
- Click the title of the download you want. To facilitate downloading, the service pack has been broken into two parts. These two parts are the Database Components SP2 and the OLAP Services Components SP2.
NOTE: If you are looking for a localized version of the service pack, be sure to use the Select Language drop-down list box to select the appropriate language.
- Select Save This Program to Disk to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time.
- Run the self-extracting executable file to expand the service pack into its component files and then run the setup program.
If you need more information or assistance regarding this service pack, please contact your primary support provider.
Additional query words: prodsql sql7 servpack patch msnSQL fix sp2 sp sqlfaqtop MSL soft lib softlib update
Keywords: kbhowto KB254561