Microsoft KB Archive/254476
Article ID: 254476
Article Last Modified on 10/8/2003
- Visio 5.0 Professional
- Visio 5.0 Enterprise
This article was previously published under Q254476
The Visio Setup program does not install Visio Enterprise over Visio Professional correctly when Visio Professional is on a network drive.
Depending on whether you install Visio Enterprise from the network drive or from your workstation, you end up with some or all of the following results:
- Solutions folders from both Visio Enterprise and Visio Professional (Visio Enterprise Setup does not update the solutions of the same name).
- Windows Desktop icons for both programs, with both icons pointing to the same file.
- The Visio Professional startup screen appears when you run the program.
NOTE: This problem does not occur if you install Visio Enterprise in a separate network folder rather than over Visio Professional.
To solve this problem, you must do the following:
- Uninstall Visio Professional from all workstations and remove Visio Professional from the network drive.
- Install Visio Enterprise on the network using the Setup option for a network installation (setup /n).
- Install Visio Enterprise on all of the workstations from that network drive.
If you want to upgrade only one user from Visio Professional to Visio Enterprise, you can remove the user's workstation installation of Visio Professional, and then install Visio Enterprise on the workstation.
For more information about installing Visio Enterprise on a network, see the Network.txt file, which is located in the root folder of the Visio Enterprise CD.
Additional query words: prb
Keywords: kbprb KB254476