Microsoft KB Archive/253909
Article ID: 253909
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server
This article was previously published under Q253909
When you open the Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Service icon in Control Panel, the following error may appear in the Microsoft Windows 2000 application event log:
Exchange Conferencing Service must successfully log on to the Site Conference Calendar Mailbox in the information store. If this mailbox is either unable to make contact; is hidden from the Exchange address lists, or has not been replicated to a global catalog server, a successful logon cannot be completed. Because of this inability to log on, the conferencing services are not provided.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps for one of these options:
Hidden Site Conference Calendar Mailbox
- Click Start, point to Programs, and then click Administrative Tools. Click Active Directory Users and Computers Manager.
- Click View on the menu, and then enable the Advanced Features option.
- Navigate to the following location:
Microsoft Exchange System Objects\Conferencing
- Select the correct account, right-click this account, and then click Properties.
- Click the Exchange Advanced Features tab, and then click to clear the Hide from Exchange address lists box.
Unable to Contact Mailbox
If you cannot contact the mailbox, check the following items:
- Check the network connectivity between the conferencing server and the mailbox server on which the Site Conference mailbox is located.
- Check the information store in which the Site Conference mailbox is located.
- Check the mailbox store in which the Site Conference mailbox home is located.
Global Catalog Account Replication
- Use the Ldp.exe utility to verify the following Global Catalog attributes. The Ldp.exe utility can be found in the Windows 2000 Resource Kit:
- Verify that the Site Conference mailbox account is listed. If the account is not listed, replication between the Active Directory and the Global Catalog has not occurred. Subsequently, the conferencing service cannot find the account and is unable to log on.
In this situation, you must wait for replication to occur before the conferencing service can logon to its Site Conferencing mailbox.
Additional query words: cms replication exch2kp2w ldp exe
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB253909