Microsoft KB Archive/253487
Article ID: 253487
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2001
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253487
While working with a PowerPoint presentation, you may receive the following error message:
When you click Details, you receive the following error message:
This problem is caused by a conflict with the NeoMagic video driver.
To resolve this problem, you must obtain an updated driver from your video card manufacturer. Contact the manufacturer of your video card to determine if there are newer versions available. The phone number should be in the manuals that came with the video card or with your personal computer.
To temporarily work around this problem, you can disable hardware acceleration by following these steps.
NOTE: Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon.
- Click the Performance tab, and click Graphics.
- Move the Hardware acceleration slider to None.
- Click OK twice.
- When you are prompted, click Yes to restart your system.
Additional query words: *.DRV errors laptop ipf gpf Dell crash crashes crashing crashed quit quitting quits fail fails failing failed break
Keywords: kbgpf kbprb KB253487