Microsoft KB Archive/253071
Article ID: 253071
Article Last Modified on 2/22/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q253071
When you use Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Outlook Web Access (OWA) and attempt to drag a shortcut to a folder in your mailbox into a new message, an Extensible Markup Language (XML) statement is added to the message containing an invalid link, as opposed to a valid URL to the folder.
There are two possible workarounds for this situation:
- Manually enter the correct URL into the message and use the following format:
- Use the following procedure to attach a shortcut to the message:
- Drag the folder to which you want to create a shortcut to the desktop (or another local folder), creating an Internet shortcut file.
- Create a new message, and then attach the created shortcut file to the message.
- The recipient can open the attached shortcut to access the folder.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB253071