Microsoft KB Archive/252527
Article ID: 252527
Article Last Modified on 6/12/2007
- Microsoft Office 98 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q252527
By default, the Microsoft Office Manager (MOM) menu has three separator lines. There is no built-in command that allows you to add a new separator line. This article explains how to add additional separator lines to the Microsoft Office Manager menu.
To add a separator line to the Microsoft Office Manager menu, follow these steps:
Create and save a text document on the hard disk. Save the file with the following name
and close the document.
NOTE: You can use any text editor program, such as SimpleText, to create the text document.
- On the Microsoft Office Manager menu, click Customize.
- Click New.
- In the dialog box that appears, locate and click the text document that you created in step 1.
- Click Add.
- Click the up arrow or the down arrow in the Microsoft Office Manager dialog box to move the separator line.
- Click to clear the Include Menu Icons check box.
- Close the Microsoft Office Manager dialog box.
The separator line that you created appears on the Microsoft Office Manager menu.
NOTE: Step 7 is required for the procedure to work. If you do not clear the Include Menu Icons check box, the text file appears as an ordinary file and is opened if you click it.
For more information about customizing the Microsoft Office Manager menu, click Office Manager Help on the Microsoft Office Manager menu, click the drop-down control, and then select the following text:
Customizing Microsoft Office Manager
Additional query words: OFF98 seperator
Keywords: kbhowto KB252527