Microsoft KB Archive/251358
Article ID: 251358
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Encarta Reference Suite 2000
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Concise Edition
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Deluxe Edition
This article was previously published under Q251358
When you attempt to run the Exercise and Calories Interactivity in Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 to calculate the time it takes for a person of a certain weight in kilograms (kg) to expend the calories consumed in certain foods, you may receive one of the following error messages appropriate for your version of Microsoft Windows.
In Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, you may receive the following error message:
In Microsoft Windows 98 or Microsoft Windows 95, you may receive the following error message
or you may receive an error message that states that an illegal operation has occurred. When you click Details on the preceding error message, you receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if the following conditions are true:
- You select one of the following regional settings in the Regional Settings tool in Control Panel.
- You are running the U.S. version of Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 or the U.S. version of Microsoft Encarta Reference Suite 2000.
To work around this issue, use either of the following methods.
Select any other regional setting than the five listed in the "Cause" section of this article. To do this:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional Settings.
- On the Regional Settings tab, click the down arrow to select the regional setting that you want.
- Click Apply, and then click Yes to restart your computer.
- When your computer has restarted, close Control Panel.
Use the pound (lb) instead of the kilograms option.
To convert kilograms to pounds use the following formula:
(Weight in kg) x 2.2 = Lbs
Additional query words: multi multi-media media mm ee2k ers2k
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbui KB251358