Microsoft KB Archive/251035
Article ID: 251035
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2000
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q251035
When you rehearse timings and then record narration, your narrations may not play back as expected. The narrations may be cut short.
When you rehearse timings and then record narration, the Record Narration time settings may be longer than the Rehearse Timings settings. If you decide to keep the Rehearse Timings settings, your narrations are cut short.
This problem may also occur if the last item to animate on your slide is a text frame or an AutoShape that has text added to it.
The following steps show the proper order in which to record narrations and rehearse timings together:
- After you create your presentation and add all custom animations, make sure that all animations are set to advance on mouse click and not to advance automatically.
- If the last item to be animated on the slide is a text frame or an AutoShape that contains text, follow these steps:
- Create one new shape and place it outside of the slide's area.
- Set the shape's Custom animation setting to Appear.
- On the Order & Timing tab, make sure that the shape is the last item to animate, and that it is set to animate on mouse click.
- Make sure that any slide transitions are set to advance on mouse click and not to advance automatically.
- On the Slide Show menu, click Record Narration. After you have completed the narration, click No when asked if you want to save the slide timings.
- Preview your slide show (advancing manually) to make sure that your narrations are correct. Make any corrections to individual narrations at this time.
For more information about re-recording a narration, click Microsoft PowerPoint Help on the Help menu, type re-record voice narration in the Office Assistant or the Answer Wizard, and then click Search to view the topic.
- When you are satisfied with the recorded narrations, you can add the automatic slide and animation timings by clicking Rehearse Timings on the Slide Show menu.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: PPT2K PPT2000 PPT POWERPNT 2000 PPT9 9.0 cutoff cut off truncated
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB251035