Microsoft KB Archive/250888
Article ID: 250888
Article Last Modified on 10/2/2003
- Microsoft Metadirectory Services 2.1
This article was previously published under Q250888
This article describes how to change the Administrator password in Metadirectory Services.
The Microsoft Metadirectory Services (MMS) Default Administration account and password are automatically created when you install MMS. The account is named Administrator, but the Administrator logs on using an e-mail account that uses the following syntax:
The password is case-sensitive and is generated from the server name. When you complete the installation, both the Administrator account name and password are displayed. A warning message also appears stating:
To change the Administrator password, follow these steps:
- Log on to Compass.
- On the location bar, click The Known Universe.
- On the Action Panel, click Search.
- In the Search Panel, type administrator.
- Double-click the Administrator of
server_namealias to open the properties.
- On the Identity tab, type the new password in the Password box.
- Confirm the password, type in the original password, and then click OK.
- Log off Compass, and then log on again using the new password.
Keywords: kbinfo kbenv kbnetwork KB250888