Microsoft KB Archive/250046
Article ID: 250046
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Works 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 6.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2000
- Microsoft Works Suite 2001
This article was previously published under Q250046
When you add a date field to a Works database, a numeric-only date format may not appear in the Appearance box.
Only a series of alphanumeric date formats may appear in the Appearance box, as in the following example:
- January 17, 2000
- January 2000
- January 17
This behavior can occur if the short date style is set to dd-MMM-yy in the Regional Settings tool in Control Panel.
To resolve this issue, select a different short date style:
- Quit Works.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Regional Settings.
- Click the Date tab.
- In the Short date style box, click any date style other than dd-MMM-yy.
- Click OK, and then close Control Panel.
Additional query words: w_works works2k w2001 dates field only numbers
Keywords: kbenv kbprb kbui KB250046