Microsoft KB Archive/249312
Article ID: 249312
Article Last Modified on 1/15/2000
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q249312
NOTE: The procedures in this article only apply if you have installed Outlook with the Corporate or Workgroup option. With this option, you can use Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) services. To determine your installation type, click About Microsoft Outlook on the Help menu. If you have the Corporate or Workgroup installation, you see "Corporate or Workgroup".
When using multiple profiles with different default mail services, the Personal Address Book (PAB) entries in one profile can not be edited with the second profile.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Create profile-1 using Internet Email, Personal Folders, and Personal Address Book.
- Create profile-2 using the Microsoft Exchange Server and Personal Address Book services. When configuring the Personal Address Book service, use the same PAB used in profile-1.
- Open Outlook with profile-1, add an entry to the PAB, and quit Outlook.
- Open Outlook with profile-2, open the PAB, right-click the entry added in the step above, click Properties, and attempt to edit the entry.
NOTE: If the default service for the original profile is added to the second profile, the entry can be edited.
For additional information on user profiles, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
182159 OL98: (CW) User profiles and Information Services
Keywords: kbinfo KB249312