Microsoft KB Archive/249227
Article ID: 249227
Article Last Modified on 6/12/2007
- Microsoft Excel 98 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q249227
The Excel 98 Year 2000 software update is a free update to Microsoft Excel 98 Macintosh Edition to address an issue when you use a Visual Basic for Applications procedure to programatically save a file. This article describes how to download and install this update.
For additional information about the issue addressed by this update, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
247799 XL98: Programmatically Exporting Text File Truncates Dates
To download and install the Excel 98 Y2K Updater, see the following Microsoft World Wide Web site:
To run the Excel 98 Y2K Updater, follow these steps:
- Double-click Excel 98 Y2K Update.
- In the dialog box that displays the Readme file, click Continue.
- In the Excel 98 Y2K Update dialog box, click Update.
- Click Quit to the message that tells you the update was successful.
- The files that were updated by the Excel 98 Y2K Update are now in the Trash. To delete these files, click Empty Trash on the Special menu.
Files Updated By Excel 98 Y2K Update
The Excel 98 Y2k replaces the existing Microsoft Excel application file. The version of the Microsoft Excel application file after you install the Excel 98 Y2K Update is 8.0 (7209).
Additional query words: XL98 y2k kb2000
Keywords: kbhowto KB249227