Microsoft KB Archive/248849
Article ID: 248849
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248849
When you install Microsoft Office, the following error message may appear:
This problem occurs if the all of following conditions are true:
- You install Windows 2000 on a new (or newly formatted) NTFS disk.
- You install Office 2000 as an administrator in a high-security lock-down environment.
- You then log on as a user who is not a member of the administrator's group.
- You are using Office 2000 and Internet Explorer 5.
To resolve this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a).
To obtain SR-1/SR-1a, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
245025 How to obtain and install the Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a Update
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1/SR-1a.
Additional query words: OFF2000 IE5 IE5.0 5.0 BUG
Keywords: kbtshoot kbsetup kberrmsg kbbug kbfix KB248849