Microsoft KB Archive/248297
Article ID: 248297
Article Last Modified on 11/4/2003
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q248297
When you try to install BackOffice Server 4.5 on a Windows 2000-based server, the following error message may appear:
A Windows 2000-based server that is running Terminal Services must be placed in Install mode before you can install BackOffice Server 4.5.
To install BackOffice Server 4.5, use either of the following methods:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
change user /install
- Insert BackOffice Server 4.5 CD-ROM 1, and then start Setup.exe. When the Microsoft BackOffice Server menu appears, click BackOffice Server Setup to begin the installation.
- When the installation is complete, type the following line and then press ENTER to take the server out of Install mode:
change user /execute
To determine whether the server is in Install mode or Execute mode, type the following line at a command prompt:
change user /query
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click Add New Programs, and then click CD or Floppy.
- Make sure that BackOffice Server 4.5 CD-ROM 1 is in the drive. Click Next. If Windows does not find Setup.exe on the CD-ROM and the Open dialog box appears, browse to Setup.exe in the root folder of the CD-ROM.
- Click Next. The Microsoft BackOffice Server menu appears. Click BackOffice Server Setup to begin the BackOffice installation.
This behavior is by design.
For more information about installing BackOffice Server 4.5 in Windows 2000, visit the Microsoft Windows 2000 Readiness Web site:
Additional query words: bos termsrv winnt
Keywords: kberrmsg kbsetup kbprb KB248297