Microsoft KB Archive/246525
Article ID: 246525
Article Last Modified on 7/31/2001
- Microsoft Publisher 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246525
When you attempt to print from Microsoft Publisher, you may receive the following error message:
When you click OK, the file is not printed.
This behavior can occur if there is not enough space available on the hard disk for the necessary printer spool files.
This behavior is most common on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0-based computers, because the printer spool files are created by default on the hard disk on which Windows is installed.
To resolve the issue, free up enough hard disk space to create the printer spool files or change the hard disk on which the printer spool files are created.
To change the hard disk on which the printer spool files are created:
- In the root folder of a hard disk with adequate free space, create a folder named Spool. To do this:
- Right-click the Start button, and then click Explore.
- In the left pane in Windows Explorer, click a hard disk with adequate free space for the printer spool files.
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Folder.
- Type Spool, and then press ENTER.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers.
- On the File menu, click Server Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Type the path to the Spool folder you created in step one.
- Click OK.
Additional query words: 9.00 pub2k pub9 mspub oom
Keywords: kbinfo kbprepress kbpostscript kbprb KB246525