Microsoft KB Archive/246505
Article ID: 246505
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Cluster Server 1.1
This article was previously published under Q246505
Attempting to grant a domain account permissions to a cluster by using the Cluster Administrator may return a dialog box with the following message:
The SYSTEM account must always have access to the Cluster. Please use the permissions dialog box to add the SYSTEM account.
The SYSTEM account is a special account used by the operating system. If this account does not exist, no other users can be granted access.
Add the SYSTEM account to the Permissions window. This action allows you to grant other users access to the cluster.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- On one of the cluster nodes, open Cluster Administrator and open a connection to the local cluster.
- Right-click the cluster at the root of the tree-view in the left pane to display the properties dialog box.
- Click Permissions on the General tab.
- Remove the SYSTEM account from the list.
- Add a domain account that is not a member of the local Administrators group.
- Click OK.
Keywords: kbprb KB246505