Microsoft KB Archive/246457
Article ID: 246457
Article Last Modified on 12/17/1999
- MSPRESS Microsoft Mastering Products 1.0
This article was previously published under Q246457
After installing a Mastering Series title and starting the application, the following message appears:
The media view files are on the Mastering CD.
Insert the Mastering CD into the CD-ROM drive and try again.
This behavior is by design.
To not be prompted for a CD when viewing media files you can do the following:
- Create a new folder on a drive with over 650 MB of available hard disk space and label it "Mastering".
- Copy the entire contents of the Mastering CD to the folder "Mastering".
- In the Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs and choose to uninstall the Mastering Series.
- Run Setup.exe from the folder "Mastering".
The Registry entries will now point to the files on the hard disk rather than the CD for the media view files.
Keywords: kbprb KB246457