Microsoft KB Archive/246398
Article ID: 246398
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Metadirectory Services 2.1
This article was previously published under Q246398
When you click the Help button to display the help screen or click the right side of a form in Compass, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs because the MMS Help uses URLs to locate the help files. This is an example of a URL that could be called:
This error message is generated when a Proxy Server is configured for Microsoft Internet Explorer and your MMS directory structure has an Internet type name such as server_name.domain_name.com.
To work around this issue, obtain access to the Internet by using a proxy server:
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Connections tab.
- Click Lan Settings, click to select the Use a proxy server check box, and then click Advanced.
- Add the follow exception to the Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with box under Exceptions
server nameis the server name, and
domain nameis the domain name.
NOTE: To verify you are using the correct URL that the help file is trying to contact, right-click the form where the proxy error is displayed, and then click Properties. The General tab contains the address, copy the information up to the port number. For example:
This information would be the exception.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbui KB246398