Microsoft KB Archive/245710
Article ID: 245710
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q245710
WARNING:This information is preliminary and has not been confirmed or tested by Microsoft. Use only with discretion.
In Microsoft PowerPoint 97 and Microsoft Word 97, when you view embedded objects such as MS Organization Chart, Microsoft Excel Chart, Microsoft Excel Worksheet, or Microsoft Graph Chart, you may see the following:
- MS Organization Chart objects may display gray lines that stretch out in a sunray, fan-like pattern, starting from the lower left of the object. Or, they may display extra gray lines.
- Microsoft Excel Chart objects may display gridlines in the chart that are mismatched or crooked.
- Microsoft Excel Worksheet objects may display gray lines that stretch out in a sunray, fan-like pattern, starting from the lower left of the object.
- Microsoft Graph Chart objects may display gridlines in the chart that are mismatched or crooked.
This behavior occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You are using either Microsoft PowerPoint 97 or Microsoft Word 97.
- You are embedding an MS Organization Chart, Microsoft Excel Chart, Microsoft Excel Worksheet, or Microsoft Graph Chart object.
- You have Tivoli Remote Control version 3.61 installed on your computer.
Tivoli patch 3.6.5-RCL-0002, which replaces the Eqnhook.dll file and corrects this problem, is available from Tivoli. To obtain this update, please contact Tivoli.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
For information about how to contact Tivoli, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional query words: OFF97
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB245710