Microsoft KB Archive/244630
Article ID: 244630
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q244630
The sp_GetSummarizers_SiteDetail stored procedure may be very slow, especially when there are many site systems in the site. As a result, the Site Status node in the Systems Management Server Administrator console may take an extremely long time to open.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Systems Management Server version 2.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
236325 How to Obtain the Latest Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Systems Management Server version 2.0 This problem was first corrected in Systems Management Server version 2.0 Service Pack 2..
To install the hotfix, use the appropriate method.
Method 1: Using the Hotfix Installer
NOTE: This method is only for I386-based computers.
- Copy the hotfix folder structure to a share on your network. Q244630.exe is a Microsoft Windows Installer file that updates specific files on your site server.
- Log on to your site server using an account with administrative privileges.
- On the site server, close the Systems Management Server Administrator console.
- Run Q244630.exe and follow the directions in the wizard. You can run the file in Quiet mode using the /s switch.
Method 2: Manual Installation
- From the Systems Management Server site server, stop the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER and the SMS_EXECUTIVE services.
- At the Systems Management Server site database server, load the 57972.sql script using a Microsoft SQL Server query tool (for example, Query Analyzer or Isql/w).
- From within the SQL Server query tool, select the Systems Management Server database.
- Run the script.
- Restart the SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER and SMS_EXECUTIVE services on the Systems Management Server site server.
For best performance, you should use this hotfix in conjunction with the hotfix described in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
244633 SMS: Site Status Node is Slow
Additional query words: prodsms
Keywords: kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbfix kbsms200sp2fix kbsmsadmin KB244630