Microsoft KB Archive/242421
Article ID: 242421
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q242421
When a backlog of .sum files occurs in the Inboxes\OfferSum.box folder, Offer Summarizer does not necessarily process the oldest .sum file before any of the others. This results in a situation in which the summary counts do not match the detailed status messages.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Systems Management Server version 2.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
236325 How to Obtain the Latest Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Systems Management Server version 2.0 Service Pack 2.
To install the hotfix, follow these steps on your Systems Management Server (SMS) site servers:
- Stop the SMS Executive, SMS Site Component Manager, SMS SQL Monitor, and Win Management services.
- Replace the Basesvr.dll file in the
Platformfolder with the file obtained from the hotfix.
- Restart the services you stopped in step 1.
Additional query words: prodsms
Keywords: kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbfix kbsms200fix kbsms200sp2fix KB242421