Difference between revisions of "Microsoft KB Archive/240921"
(importing KB archive)
m (Text replacement - """ to """)
|Line 118:||Line 118:|
<p>Cliutils KICK Client Configuration Installation Manager</p>
Latest revision as of 12:48, 21 July 2020
Article ID: 240921
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q240921
When an advertisement is sent to clients, Smsapm32 may consume 100 percent of the CPU time on some clients and not run the advertisement. When this occurs, the following log entry may be generated:
This behavior occurs because Smsapm32 is attempting to determine whether a user is logged on or not and is getting stuck in a tight loop. This results in CPU time being consumed. During normal operation, the log entry should be followed within seconds by one of the following log entries:
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Systems Management Server version 2.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
236325 How to Obtain the Latest Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack
For additional information about this hotfix, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
239564 SMS: Client Components Reinstalled During Periodic Verification
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Systems Management Server version 2.0 This problem was first corrected in Systems Management Server version 2.0 Service Pack 2..
To install the hotfix, follow these steps on the Systems Management Server (SMS) site server:
- Log on to your site server using an account with administrative privileges.
- On the site server, close the SMS Administrator console.
- Run Q239564.exe and follow the directions in the wizard.
NOTE: The default Client Configuration Installation Manager (CCIM) polling interval is 23 hours. Therefore, it may take up to 23 hours to propagate the hotfixed files to the clients. To speed up this process, use any of the following methods:
- Stop and restart the SMS Client Service on each client. For Microsoft Windows NT, simply stop and restart the service. For Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98, a restart is required.
- Create a software distribution for one of the Resource Kit tools (Setevnt.exe or Cliutils.exe), along with the appropriate parameters to start a CCIM work cycle. The tools are located on SMS 2.0 CD-ROM 2. For Setevnt.exe the syntax is:
For Cliutils.exe, the syntax is:
Cliutils KICK "Client Configuration Installation Manager"
- If you have the Networking Logon Client Installation option enabled, have users log off and back on.
- Have users run SMSMan manually.
NOTE: You may need to restart Windows 95/98 clients after you install the hotfixed files to receive full hotfix functionality. To verify this, view the Clicore.log file after you install the hotfix. If you are required to restart, you see the following entry listed in the log file. Because of the nature of this hotfix, Microsoft recommends that you use a mandatory restart policy for all Windows 95/98 users after you install the hotfix.
Reboot required - disabling component until reboot
Additional query words: prodsms
Keywords: kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbfix kbsms200fix kbsms200sp2fix KB240921