Microsoft KB Archive/228996
Article ID: 228996
Article Last Modified on 2/22/2007
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
This article was previously published under Q228996
When you try to create a subweb from a virtual directory using the FrontPage 2000 client, you get the following error message:
When you examine the Wecerr.txt file, you will see the following:
This is by design for security purposes.
Have the web server administrator create the subweb using the Administrative Tools on the server. To do this, do the following:
On Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
- Click Start, and point to Programs.
- Point to Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack.
- Point to Microsoft Internet Information Server, and click Internet Service Manager.
- Right-click the virtual directory you would like to convert to a subweb, and on the Task menu, click Configure Server Extensions.
- This will start the New Web Wizard. Follow the prompts to install the extensions to the virtual directory.
- Click Finish.
You will now be able to open the virtual directory in the FrontPage client.
- Log on to the server with root access.
- Change directory to Usr\Local\Frontpage\Version4.0\Bin.
- Type ./fpsrvadm.exe.
- Type 15 (create a subweb), and press ENTER.
- Type the name of the alias to be converted into a subweb, and press ENTER.
- Type the IP address and port.
- Type in the user owning the content, and press ENTER.
- Type in the group owning the content, and press ENTER.
Additional query words: front page
Keywords: kbprb KB228996