Microsoft KB Archive/214785
Article ID: 214785
Article Last Modified on 10/2/2002
- Microsoft Office 98 for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q214785
The Combined Updater for Office 98 is a free update to Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition. This update consolidates two updates that were previously available for Office 98, Microsoft Office 98 Updater, and Office 98 Update for Mac OS 8.5.
For additional information about the problems fixed by this update, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
216398 List of Problems Fixed by the Combined Updater for Office 98
To obtain and install the Microsoft Office 98 Updater, see the following Microsoft World Wide Web site:
To run the Microsoft Office 98 Updater, follow these steps:
- Double-click Combined Updater for Office 98.
- In the dialog box that displays the Readme file, click Continue.
- In the Combined Updater for Office 98 dialog box, click Update
- Click Continue to the message that tells you the update was successful.
- In the Microsoft Office First Run dialog box, click Install.
- Click Quit to the message that tells you the installation was successful.
- The files that were updated by the Microsoft Office 98 Updater are now in the Trash. To delete these files, click Empty Trash on the Special menu.
Note: The Updater creates a file titled, MS Office 98 Updater Log, on the root of your System hard drive. This file can be opened in any text editor and will list the items that were updated on your hard drive.
Additional query words: OFF98 patch megapatch
Keywords: kbinfo KB214785