Microsoft KB Archive/196136
Article ID: 196136
Article Last Modified on 7/6/2007
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0
This article was previously published under Q196136
IN THIS TASK
- Installing the FrontPage Server Extensions
- Installing Extensions Using the Microsoft Management Console
This article describes how to install the FrontPage Server Extensions from Microsoft for the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS), version 3.0.
Before you follow the steps in the lower sections of this article, do the following:
- Obtain the latest version of the FrontPage Server Extensions from the following Microsoft Web site:
- Verify that IIS is running and working correctly.
Installing the FrontPage Server Extensions
- Log on to the Microsoft Windows NT Server as an administrator. Do not log on to the Windows NT Server as a user with administrator permissions.
- Decompress the downloaded .exe file by double-clicking it.
- The Setup program will detect that IIS is installed. Verify that IIS is selected in the Installed Servers Detected dialog box. Click Next.
- Note the settings in the Start Copying Files dialog box. Click Next.
- If your server is multihosted, the Multihosted Servers dialog box appears. Select the virtual servers on which you want to install the server extensions. Click OK.
- In the Administrator for Personal Web Server dialog box, type Administrator in the Name box, and then click OK.
- Click Yes to stop and restart the WWW Service of the Microsoft Internet Information Server.
- If your server is multihosted, repeat steps 5 through 7 for each virtual server.
- Click Finish.
- In Microsoft FrontPage, click Open Web on the File menu.
- In the Open Web dialog box, type the Hostname or IP Address to the Internet Information Server.
- If you are asked to type a user name and password, type the user name and password that you use to log on to Windows NT.
Installing Extensions Using the Microsoft Management Console
You can install the FrontPage Server Extensions through the Microsoft Management Console.
- In Windows NT Explorer, click Start and then click Programs.
- Point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Extensions Administrator.
- On the Console menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click Add.
- In the Available Standalone Snap-ins window, click FrontPage Server Extensions, and then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- In the Console tree, right-click the web server that you want to apply the extensions to.
- On the shortcut menu, point to New, and then click Web.
- Answer the questions in each screen of the Server Extensions Configuration Wizard.
- Click Finish.
Additional query words: 4.0 front page
Keywords: kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB196136