Microsoft KB Archive/188502
Article ID: 188502
Article Last Modified on 1/23/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q188502
In Microsoft Outlook 97, when you select the Address Book and view an address list in Show Names From, you see an address list that no longer exists. If you attempt to select this list you receive the following error message:
The invalid address list is based on entries in a Contacts folder that was removed from the Outlook Folder List.
To remove the old address list from the Address Book view, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Services.
- On the Services tab, click Outlook Address Book and then click Properties.
- Click to select the invalid address book from the list under Outlook Address Books and then click Remove.
- Click Close and then OK. On the File menu, click "Exit and Log Off."
Contact items will appear in the Show Names From list once the folder has been designated as an address book. If you have subfolders to the main Contacts folder, each must be designated as address books; subfolders do not inherit this setting from the main Contact folder.
To designate a Contact folder as an address book, follow these steps:
- In the Outlook Folder List right-click the Contacts folder and then click Properties.
- On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box.
- Click OK and then quit and restart Outlook.
For more information about the Outlook Address Book, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
162203 User Profiles and Information Services.
Additional query words: oab
Keywords: kbprb KB188502