Microsoft KB Archive/175568
Article ID: 175568
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q175568
The Windows NT Cluster Service Administrator page only lists online and offline options for the Exchange services; a Pause option is not available. Because pausing a service, such as the Directory Exchange Agent (DXA), may be necessary, this can be a problem.
The Windows NT Cluster Service Administrator page does not allow a paused status for a service. Therefore, Pause is not an option. Only online and offline options are available.
The Pause button and paused status can be viewed from the Control Panel Services icon. The following steps are recommended if pausing a service is necessary:
- In Windows NT Cluster Service Administrator, take the Exchange service offline.
- From the Control Panel Services icon, start the Exchange service.
- As required, pause the Exchange service from the Control Panel.
- When you finish performing any tasks to the Exchange Server computer, continue the service (it should start running again).
- In Windows NT Cluster Service Administrator, bring the Exchange service online.