Microsoft KB Archive/175492
Article ID: 175492
Article Last Modified on 12/17/1999
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0
This article was previously published under Q175492
When you click the IntelliPoint SmartSpeed feature in the Mouse tool in Control Panel, the pointing device may stop responding (hang) or become very slow.
This behavior can occur if you have more than one copy of the IntelliPoint Point32.exe program running.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close Program dialog box.
- Press the DOWN ARROW key to select Point32.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close Program dialog box again.
- Press the DOWN ARROW key to select Mouse Properties, press ENTER, and then press ENTER again.
- Press CTRL+ESC to open the Start menu.
- Press the UP ARROW key to select Settings.
- Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select Control Panel, and then press ENTER.
- Use the ARROW keys to select Mouse, and then press ENTER. The pointing device should begin working correctly.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft product listed at the beginning of this article. We are researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Additional query words: frozen stopped 2.00
Keywords: kbenv KB175492