Microsoft KB Archive/175149
Article ID: 175149
Article Last Modified on 5/5/1999
- Microsoft Bookshelf 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q175149
When you attempt to view a 360-degree-view in Microsoft Bookshelf 98, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Details, you receive one of the following error messages:
Virtual Memory may be disabled, or your Windows swapfile may be too small.
To resolve this issue, use the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click System.
- On the Performance tab, click Virtual Memory.
- Click Let me specify my own virtual memory settings.
- If the Disable Virtual Memory (Not Recommended) check box is selected, click the check box to clear it.
- Note the current value that appears in the Hard Disk box.
This number represents the amount of free space on your hard drive that can be used for a swapfile. If this number is too small (under 20 MB), you need to choose a different hard drive that has more free space or you need to free up additional disk space on this drive.
- Once you have made necessary changes such as freeing drive space or changing drives, click OK. When you are asked to confirm your changes, click Yes.
- Click OK or Close. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
Windows 95 32-bit programs require virtual memory for 32-bit paging. We recommend that you maintain at least 20 MB of free space on the hard drive that contains your Windows swapfile.
Additional query words: multi-media mmtitles kbmm virtual memory swap file
Keywords: kbhowto kbmm kbfaq KB175149