Microsoft KB Archive/175129
Article ID: 175129
Article Last Modified on 11/1/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q175129
When you delete an Organizational Forms library (OFL) from a site that has more than two individual Forms libraries of the same language may cause the wrong form to be deleted. Specifically, this occurs in the following situation. Two sites, A and B, have an English OFL called A and B, respectively. An administrator in site A pulls a replica of the site B OFL so that site A now has a replica of both A and B OFLs. The administrator opens the Forms Administrator and can see both OFLs. If the administrator deletes OFL B, it disappears from view in the Forms Administrator, but re-appears in Forms Administrator upon exit. OFL A, however, will have been deleted.
When deleting an OFL, follow the following steps:
- Ensure that the site has only a single replica, the replica that exists in the OFL's home site.
The end result prior to deletion would be as follows:
- There are no replicas of OFL A anywhere in site B.
- There are no replicas of OFL B anywhere in site A.
- Verify that OFL B was not replicated to other sites. The only replica of OFL B should exist in site B on OFL B's home server.
- Delete the OFL from the Forms Administrator while connected to the server that maintains the single replica. In the example above, this would mean connecting to a server in site B.
- Open the Forms Administrator, and delete OFL B.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Exchange Server version 5.0.
Additional query words: EForm Library
Keywords: kbhowto KB175129