Microsoft KB Archive/174334
Article ID: 174334
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q174334
Novice: Requires knowledge of the user interface on single-user computers.
When you add a label control to a page of a tab control that uses shortcut key combinations, the key combinations may stop working.
NOTE: This problem occurs only when a label has been added to one of the pages of the tab control. This does not happen when any other controls are added to the tab control.
Make sure that you add the shortcut key combinations to the tab control page caption after you have added any labels.
You can reactivate the shortcut key combinations by removing and replacing the Caption property of the tab control page. For pages that have a non- functional shortcut key combination, do the following:
- Open the form with a non-functional shortcut key combination in Design view.
- Click the page whose shortcut key is not working.
- On the View menu, click Properties, and then click the All tab.
- Select the contents of the Caption property.
- Press CRTL+C.
- Press CRTL+V.
- Save the form and switch to Form View.
Your shortcut keys should now work as expected.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start Microsoft Access 97 and create a new database.
- In the Database window, click the Forms tab, and then click New. Select Design View and click OK to create a form not based on any table or query.
- Add a tab control to the form.
- Click Page1 on the tab control.
- On the View menu, click Properties. Set the Caption property of Page1 to &1.
- Click Page2 on the tab control.
- On the View menu, click Properties. Set the Caption property of Page2 to &2.
Switch the form to Form view and press ALT+1 or ATL+2 to ensure that the different pages of the tab control receive focus as expected.
- Switch the form to Design view.
- Add a label to Page2 of the Tab control and set its Caption property to This is a test.
Switch the form to Form view and press ALT+1 or ATL+2. Note that the different pages of the tab control no longer receive the focus.
Keywords: kbprb KB174334