Microsoft KB Archive/174316
WV: Word Viewer 97-2000 /p Command Parameter Doesn't Print Document
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Word Viewer 97-2000
When you use the /p switch on the command line to start Word Viewer 97-2000, the document is not automatically printed as in earlier versions of Word Viewer.
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods.
Method 1: Print from Word Viewer 97-2000
In Microsoft Word Viewer 97-2000, click Print on the File menu.
Method 2: Print from Word Viewer 7.1
- Remove Word Viewer 97-2000:
- Quit all Windows applications.
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- On the Install/Uninstall tab, click to select "Microsoft Word Viewer 97," and then click Add/Remove. In the Microsoft Word Viewer 97 Setup dialog box, click Remove All.
- Install Microsoft Word Viewer 7.1:
- On the Microsoft Office 97 (Microsoft Word 97) CD-ROM, open the Valupack folder.
- Open the Wordview folder.
- Double-click Wd95vw71.exe.
- In Word, save your document as "Word document 6.0/95 (*.doc)", and then close your document.
- Click the Start menu, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type the path to Wordview.exe, followed by the /p parameter, and then the path and name of the document you want Word Viewer 7.1 to print.
For example, type: "C:\Program Files\WordView\Wordview.exe" /p "c:\filename.doc"
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Q165908 WV: How to Obtain Microsoft Word Viewers
Q166636 WV: Frequently Asked Questions About Word Viewer 97-2000
Q169549 OFF97: Information About the Microsoft Office ValuPack
Additional query words: 8.0 8.00
Keywords : kbtool kbdta winword word97
Issue type : kbbug
Technology : kbWordSearch kbPTNotAssigned kbWordViewerSearch
Last Reviewed: July 29, 1999