Microsoft KB Archive/173393
Article ID: 173393
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q173393
In Microsoft Excel, if you use the Solver add-in to generate the Answer report, the Limits report, or the Sensitivity report, you may receive the following error message:
This error message occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You select one or more reports in the Solver Results dialog box. -and-
- A sheet in the workbook has the same name as the report that Solver creates, for example "Answer Report 1." -or-
- The worksheet contains merged cells.
To work around this problem, rename or delete any sheets with names that Solver uses to create reports. The following table lists these names.
Sheet Names of Solver Reports
Answer Report <number>
Sensitivity Report <number>
Limits Report <number>
The variable <number> increments each time you generate Solver reports.
If your worksheet contains merged cells, remove the merged cells by performing the following steps:
- Select the merged cell.
- On the Edit menu, point to Clear, and click Formats.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about Solver reports, click the Index tab in Microsoft Excel Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Create a report by using Solver" topic.
Additional query words: XL97 duplicate names
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbpending KB173393