Microsoft KB Archive/173096
Article ID: 173096
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Access 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q173096
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
This article lists the contents and changes in Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Service Pack 2 (ODESP2) and explains how to obtain this updated version.
How to Obtain ODESP2
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
It is also available at the following locations:
- On the Microsoft Web Site at the following address:
- In the \ValuPack\ODBC\ folder on the Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1(SR-1) Enterprise Update CD
- In the \ValuPack\ODBC\ folder on the Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Patch CD
NOTE: You must have the Microsoft Office 97 Developer Edition Tools (ODE) installed on your computer before you run the Setup program for ODESP2. If the ODE is not installed on your computer, you will receive an error message.
Contents of ODESP2
Because the setup programs of other applications may install their own versions of shared components such as .dll files, the versions and sizes of the files on your computer may differ from those listed below.
The ODESP2 contains the following files:
File Name Version File Size ----------- -------- --------- Msode.exe -- 41,472 Msvcrt.dll 4.20.6201 267,536 00Setup.mdt -- 315,392 10Odbc~1.mdt -- 477,184 Oleaut32.dll 2.20.4118 492,304 Asycfilt.dll 2.20.4118 118,544 Olepro32.dll 5.0.4118 114,960 Mso97rt.dll* 8.0.3825 3,648,784 Stdole2.tlb 2.20.4118 16,896 Graph8.exe* 8.0 1,613,312 Graph8rt.srg* -- 3,306 Mrt7cht.dll* 8.0.3825 1,235,216 Mrt7kor.dll* 8.0.3825 1,235,216 Msbcode.dep* -- 714
- Indicates files that are only updated for Far East language editions of the ODE.
NOTE: ODESP2 is language specific even though the Office setup program does not verify the language edition installed on your computer. This means, you should not mix language editions of ODESP2. For example, you should not Install a French edition of ODESP2 on a computer with an English edition of the ODE. If you need a particular language edition of ODESP2, please contact the local Microsoft subsidiary office appropriate for that language.
Fixes in ODESP2
ODESP2 fixes the following problems:
- The error message, "The ODBC installer DLL (ODBCCCO33.DLL) is not installed on this system," which can occur when you install a run-time application built by the ODE Setup Wizard on a computer that uses the updated ODBC 3.0 Driver Manager.
For information about ODESP2 and the new ODBC 3.0 Driver Manager, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
172701 ODE97: Setup Wizard Requires ODESP2 for Updated ODBC Drivers
- Inability to view an ActiveX control because it is not properly registered or the receipt of an Invalid Page Fault (IPF) when attempting to view an ActiveX control using the run-time version of Microsoft Access 97.
ODESP2 also contains the following updates:
- Fixes included in ODESP1, which was previously released for the Traditional Chinese and Korean editions of Microsoft Access. Changes in ODESP1 ensure that the Office run-time files are copied to the correct folders on the computer. Also included is an updated language- specific edition of the MS Graph run-time application (MSGRAPH.EXE) and a previously missing language-specific dependency file (*.dep) for an ActiveX control.
- The About box is updated to read "Version 8.0 (Service Pack 2)" so you can easily identify whether ODESP2 is installed on your computer.
Additional query words: inf
Keywords: kbfile kbhowto KB173096