Microsoft KB Archive/172975
Article ID: 172975
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2006
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q172975
When you attempt to disconnect a mapped network drive, the drive may not be disconnected, and no error message may be displayed.
This behavior can occur if you have Banyan Vines Enterprise Client 7.26 installed and it is configured as the primary network provider.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network.
- Click Services.
- Click Network Access Order.
- In the Network Providers box, move Banyan Vines to the bottom of the list.
- Click OK, and restart the computer when you are prompted.
When the Banyan Enterprise Client version 7.26 is installed, mapped network drives can be disconnected only for the primary network provider.
Banyan Enterprise Client is manufactured by Banyan, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: map close cancel disconnected unable
Keywords: kbnetwork KB172975