Microsoft KB Archive/172824
Article ID: 172824
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft Office 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
This article was previously published under Q172824
After you finish running Setup for Microsoft Office 7.0 and click Restart Windows in Setup dialog box, nothing happens. When you click Cancel, the following message appears:
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You are running the Microsoft Office 7.0 Setup program.
- You are running Microsoft Windows NT 4.0.
- You click Restart Windows when the Microsoft Office 7.0 Setup dialog box is displayed.
To work around this problem, manually restart Windows NT. To manually restart Windows, follow these steps:
- In the Microsoft Office 7.0 Setup dialog box that prompts you to restart Windows, click Cancel.
You receive the following error message:
- After the Office 7.0 Setup closes, click Shut Down on the Start menu.
- In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart Windows, and then click Yes.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Office for Windows 95, version 7.0. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office 97 for Windows.
Keywords: kbsetup kbprb KB172824