Microsoft KB Archive/172574
Article ID: 172574
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Greetings Workshop 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Greetings Workshop 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q172574
When you attempt to sign in to Microsoft Greetings Workshop, you may receive the following error message:
This problem may be caused by a utility called Bombshell, which is installed with a program called Nuts & Bolts by Helix Software Company.
To resolve this problem, remove the Bombshell utility from the StartUp folder, and restart your computer. This utility is typically found in the Windows folder in the Start Menu\Programs folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Taskbar.
- In the Taskbar Properties dialog box, click the Start Menu Programs tab.
- Under Customize Start Menu, click Remove.
- Click on the plus symbol (+) to the left of the StartUp folder.
- Click to select the Bombshell icon.
- Click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm.
- Click Close, and then Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Nuts & Bolts is manufactured by Helix Software Company, a vendor independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.
Additional query words: hang bomb crash greetingsw
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB172574