Microsoft KB Archive/171728
Article ID: 171728
Article Last Modified on 12/10/2003
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Control Creation Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q171728
The Text property of a Grid control may be set to zero if the Grid control resides on a tab of an SSTab control and that tab is not active when the form loads.
WARNING: ANY USE BY YOU OF THE CODE PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Microsoft provides this code "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.
Implementing the following will help work around the problem:
' General Declarations of Form Dim blnJustOnce1 As Boolean Dim blnJustOnce2 As Boolean Dim blnJustOnce3 As Boolean Private Sub Form_Load() blnJustOnce1 = True blnJustOnce2 = True blnJustOnce3 = True End Sub Private Sub SSTab1_Click(PreviousTab As Integer) Select Case Form1.SSTab1.Tab Case 0 If blnJustOnce1 Then Form1.Grid1.Text ="" blnJustOnce1 = False End If Case 1 If blnJustOnce2 Then Form1.Grid2.Text ="" blnJustOnce2 = False End If Case 2 If blnJustOnce3 Then Form1.Grid3.Text ="" blnJustOnce3 = False End If End Select End Sub
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information here in the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open a new "Standard Exe" project.
- Click Components on the Project menu. Check "Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control 5.0" and "Microsoft Grid Control" and click OK.
- Add an SSTab control to Form1.
- Set the Tabs property of SSTab1 to 3.
- Add a Grid control to each Tab of the SSTab control.
- Select the first tab of SSTab1.
- Run the program. Note that the Text property of the Grid control on the first tab is not set. Also, note that the Text property of the Grid control on the second and third tabs are set to zero.
Additional query words: change reset grid32.ocx tabctl32.ocx
Keywords: kbprb KB171728