Microsoft KB Archive/171682
Article ID: 171682
Article Last Modified on 11/9/2000
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171682
In Slide Sorter view in PowerPoint, if you set the animation for a two-column text layout, the right column builds before the left column. In contrast, in Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows 95, version 7.0, the left column builds before the right column.
To work around this behavior, set the animation build in Slide view instead of Slide Sorter view.
If you have already set the animation in Slide Sorter view, use the following steps to correct the build order:
- On the View menu, click Slide.
- Go to the slide with the two-column text layout.
- On the Slide Show menu, click Custom Animation.
- In the Animation Order box, select the text object, and then click the up or down arrows to change the animation order.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.
For more information about applying custom animation, click Contents And Index on the Help menu, click the Index tab in PowerPoint Help, type the following text
and then double-click "creating animated slides" to go to the "Create animated slides" topic. If you are unable to find the information you need, ask the Office Assistant.
Keywords: kbprb kbusage KB171682