Microsoft KB Archive/171660
Article ID: 171660
Article Last Modified on 10/22/2000
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171660
When you attempt to edit a chart object in a Microsoft Office 97 program other than Microsoft Excel 97 by using the Chart Wizard, you may receive the following error message:
If you click Details, you receive an error message similar to the following:
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You create a chart with error bars in Microsoft Excel 97. -and-
- You drag the chart from Microsoft Excel to another Office 97 program (for example, Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint). -and-
- You double-click the Microsoft Excel chart object in another Office 97 program to edit the object. -and-
- You click the Chart Wizard tool and change the chart type in the Chart Wizard.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Double-click the Excel chart object.
- Click the Chart Wizard tool.
- Click Next to proceed to step 2 in the Chart Wizard.
- Click Back to return to step 1. Change the chart type and click Next.
Continue running the wizard and make the changes you want.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Excel 2000.
Additional query words: XL97 ipf gpf
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug KB171660