Microsoft KB Archive/171376
Article ID: 171376
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171376
Occasionally, it may be necessary to create a new or an additional e-mail profile for use with Microsoft Outlook 97. This article describes the steps necessary to do so.
How to create a new e-mail profile
- On the File menu in Outlook, click Exit and Log Off.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Mail or Mail and Fax icon.
- On the Services tab, click Show Profiles.
- Click Add to start the Inbox Setup Wizard.
- Click to select the desired information services, and then click Next.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the new profile.
- Continue with the Inbox Setup Wizard to set up each of the selected services.
- You will now see the new profile listed. Change the When starting Microsoft Windows Messaging use this setting, to the new profile that you just created.
- Restart Outlook to use the new profile.
How to set Outlook to prompt you at startup time for a profile
- On the Tools menu in Outlook, click Options.
- On the General Tab, click to select Prompt for a profile to be used in the Startup settings option.
- On the File menu, click Exit and Log Off.
The next time you start Outlook, Outlook prompts you to select a mail profile.
Additional query words: msn msnetwork
Keywords: kbhowto KB171376