Microsoft KB Archive/171357
Article ID: 171357
Article Last Modified on 7/1/2004
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0a
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q171357
In order to keep a FoxISAPI application available over your intranet or the Internet when no one is logged on to the NT server, you must make a change to the DCOMCNFG utility for the registered application.
If clients can access your FoxISAPI Web pages only when someone is logged into the NT server, you need to make the following change to the DCOMCNFG utility:
- Run the DCOMCNFG utility by clicking Run on the Start menu.
- Highlight your FoxISAPI object in the list of registered objects.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Identity tab.
- Click "The launching user."
- Click OK on the Properties sheet.
- Click OK on the DCOMCNFG dialog box.
You should now be able to logoff of Windows NT and the clients should be able to access the FoxISAPI page.
NOTE: An alternative to using "The launching user" is to specify a specific user in the "This user:" area of the Identity tab.
Microsoft Visual FoxPro 5.0 Online Documentation: Samples and Utilities, Sample Applications Overview, OLE Server Samples, FoxISAPI OLE Server Sample.
Additional query words: FoxISAPI DCOMCNFG OLE ISAPI
Keywords: kbhowto kbinetdev kbnetwork KB171357