Microsoft KB Archive/171324
Article ID: 171324
Article Last Modified on 1/20/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q171324
If you preview a Microsoft Outlook 97 e-mail message using the Outlook 3-Pane Extension and copy text from the preview area, you cannot paste the same text into another e-mail message. Instead of pasting your selected text, you will paste an embedded copy of the entire previewed message.
The Outlook 3-Pane Extension provides a preview of the contents of an e-mail message below the viewer's splitter bar. Although you can see and select the previewed text, the message is not open and any attempt to copy will copy the entire message format. This behavior is due to the design of the Outlook 3-Pane Extension.
You can reproduce this behavior by following these steps:
- If it is not yet installed, install the Outlook 3-Pane Extension. For a location from where to install it, please see the "References" section later in this article.
- In the Information Viewer of Outlook, click to select an e-mail message.
- On the View menu, click Preview to turn on the 3-Pane Extension view.
- Using your pointer, select some message text below the viewer's splitter bar, and then on the Edit menu, click Copy.
- On the File menu, click New and then Mail Message to open a new untitled message.
- Click to place an insertion point into the body of the untitled message, and then on the Edit menu, click Paste.
Note that instead of pasting the text that you copied, the paste command inserts an embedded copy of the entire previewed e-mail message into the body of the untitled message.
The Outlook 3-Pane Extension is available from the Microsoft Web site at:
NOTE: Because the Microsoft Web site is regularly updated, the site address may change without notice. If this occurs, link to the Microsoft home page at the following address:
Additional query words: tripane tri-pane
Keywords: kbdownload kbprb KB171324